Minority Engineer Magazine, launched in 1979, is a career- guidance and recruitment magazine offered at no charge to qualified engineering or computer-science students and professionals who are African-American, Hispanic, Native American, and Asian American. Minority Engineer presents career strategies for readers to assimilate into a diversified job marketplace.
This magazine reaches minority engineers nationwide at their home addresses, colleges and universities, and chapters of student and professional organizations.
If you are an engineering student or professional who is a member of a minority group, Minority Engineer is available to you FREE!
» Featured Articles
» Subscription Information
» Reader Survey
» Companies Actively Recruiting
Taking Charge in the Era of ‘Digital Disruption’
The rapid advancement of technology continues to change the world - and the marketplace - faster than many businesses can keep up, disrupting all of their plans and threatening to render them obsolete. This is called “digital disruption,” which is how tech can transform everything about the way businesses are run and they interact with customers.
This is why it may be time for business leaders to take the initiative and start doing a little disrupting of their own. As leaders, if you don’t transform to master the digital era to disrupt, then you’ll get disrupted. And it will be a brutal disruption, where the majority of companies will not exist in a meaningful way 10 to 15 years from now.”
Those in leadership positions can guide their organizations through the new digital era by following a simple five-step operational blueprint:
• Build And Execute a Compelling Vision. Focus on developing a vision that’s disruptive to your industry, and think three to five years out. Engage your customers and partners in the process. Clarify and articulate the value to your stakeholders. Ensure your entire organization and ecosystem internalizes and drives in formation toward that vision. Build robust execution plans to work toward it, review your performance regularly and make course corrections when needed.
• Adopt a Partner-Centric Model to Deliver. Collaboration is core to delivering superior competitive advantage with speed in the new digital world. Pick the right partners to build unique and sustainable value for your customers. Convince them of your vision and strategy. Show them how you innovate and create new markets.
• Reinvent Yourself. A nimble organization that can read market transitions and adapt itself to refocus on cheaper and faster ways to deliver new customer value is best-suited to lead through the digital disruption. Deploy a governance process to listen, learn, execute, lead and adjust to changing market dynamics and competitiveness.
• Turn People into Your Secret Weapon. Employees are the true intellectual capital of every company, and that means businesses must invest in their people to enable them to become the catalysts to help you navigate the digital transformation. Align employees to a common goal and create a nurturing environment. Harness their intellectual horsepower to drive exceptional thought leadership and repeatability of proven leading practices.
• Accelerate the Speed of Innovation. Innovation isn’t just about the technology, but also about how you organize yourself, how you engage your customers and how you drive cultural change via your organization. Resource sharing and clustering talent should come into laser-sharp focus to get closer to your customers and streamline your business. Learn from your customers by engaging them in your innovation cycles. Become nimble to react to changing market needs and adapt to them.
» Feedback for the Editor
» Request Article Copy