» Featured Articles
» Subscription Information
» Reader Survey
» Companies Actively Recruiting
Internships & Co-ops at DuPont
Chemical engineering students are invited to join Wilmington, DE-based DuPont via a 2018 summer intern/co-op. Locations are listed as statewide and nationwide.
About the Company
DuPont is a science company based in dedicated to solving challenging global problems, while creating measurable and meaningful value for its customers, employees and shareholders.
Its dynamic portfolio of products, materials and services meets the ever-changing market needs of diverse industries in more than 90 countries. The company underscores how it unites “around a set of core values: safety and health, environmental stewardship, highest ethical behavior and respect for people.”
A global Fortune 100 company that operates in 70 countries today, DuPont was built on “a proud heritage and a collaborative ethic,” according to the company.
DuPont “offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You’ll have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation and apparel,” says the company.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify employer.
As part of DowDuPont, dow-dupont.com, it “continues to partner with like-minded companies to help supply Earth’s burgeoning population with better, safer food, abundant and sustainable energy, and protection for what matters most - our planet and its inhabitants,” the company adds.
DowDuPont is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company, based in Midland, MI, and DuPont with “the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges,” notes the company.
DuPont is offering “a rewarding internship or co-op experience to bright, talented, business-minded students with the leadership capabilities and determination to enhance our manufacturing technology organizations during the summer of 2018,” says the company.
“We have a variety of meaningful assignments that allow students to gain valuable experience in the manufacturing environment. The assignments provide students with opportunities to develop by integrating classroom theory with practical work and to demonstrate their skills for future career opportunities at DuPont. The co-op commitment is approximately for a three- to six-month period.”
The company’s seeking people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet its customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
In manufacturing technology, you’ll have opportunities to do the following:
• Work in a dynamic, team environment that leverages the resources of DuPont’s large organization.
• Develop an understanding of the manufacturing technology environment.
• Participate in the co-op program and work-specific training and development.
• Perform analytical project work using Six Sigma methodology.
• Work with experienced manufacturing technology professionals in the performance of your responsibilities.
• Develop an understanding of DuPont strategic business units and operations, its product offerings, and how materials and service requirements and issues are managed.
• Adopt and follow DuPont’s core values of safety, ethics, respect for people and environmental stewardship both on a personal and business level.
• Work in a business-casual environment with flexible work/life opportunities.
The scope of the co-op’s role will vary dependent on the manufacturing technology site.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, agriculture, materials science or specialty products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
The following requirements must be met for consideration in this student employment program:
• Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college or university.
• Enrolled in an ABET-accredited program in chemical engineering.
• Flexible with work assignment location/relocation.
• Have the right to work in the U.S. without restriction.
In addition, the preferred attribute is 3.0 GPA or higher.
In addition to these requirements, DuPont’s seeking candidates who have demonstrated the following core competencies:
• Outstanding problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent writing/verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Accomplished computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and database experience.
• Strong work ethic and the ability to work in cross-functional teams to deliver concrete project deliverables in a timely manner.
For more information go to http://careers.dupont.com/jobsearch/job-details/2018-summer-internco-op-chemical-engineering-student/ENG00001662/434475/. Connect on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube
» Feedback for the Editor
» Request Article Copy